The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that all babies are put down on their backs to sleep. The “back to sleep” position drastically reduces the likelihood of SIDS. We don’t know exactly what causes SIDS or why the back position is effective, but the numbers don’t lie: since the Back to Sleep campaign in the 90s, we’ve saved countless lives with this simple technique.
The incidence of SIDS is highest during the first six months, but there’s still a risk until the baby is one year old. Parents should be laying the baby down to sleep on his or her back every night. Also, keep baby off any soft, squishy or porous surfaces like pillows, sheepskins, comforters, or soft toys as these can block the airway.
The Woombie PLUS was designed to maintain the back position, while at the same time maximizing the distance between the airway and positioner by infusing the rolls directly into the swaddle at the HIP level of the baby. There is always a fixed distance between airway and rolls, keeping baby safe and secure at all times. Our design is also ventilated, aiding with air flow.
The Woombie PLUS is designed to keep your baby on his/her back for maximum safety. The bilateral fixed rolls are sewn into the side of the swaddle so they will remain by baby’s hips without rolling up near the face. It also has all of our awesome Woombie features:
- Ergonomically shaped design allows a more natural approach to swaddling
- Easy to use- 1 step swaddle, no origami required
- Will not unravel like a square blanket, potentially covering the airway
- Encourages back sleeping, as swaddled babies are more likely to maintain on their backs
- Prevents the Moro/Startle reflex by gently cocooning baby’s arms
- Prevent s the rooting reflex and face scratching by keeping hands away from face
- Promotes self-soothing by allowing baby to hold/touch his hands inside the garment
- Hip healthy and shoulder healthy design allows for non-restricted motion
- Stretchy but snug fabric simulates the feeling our being held, touched & cuddled
- Narrowed waistline gently compresses the abdomen, helping to eliminate gas related issues & provide additional tummy comfort
- Multi-dimensional fabric snuggles & moves “with” baby, mimicking the womb like environment baby was accustomed to
- Allows natural arm and leg movement during sleep
- 1 layer lightweight & breathable fabric helps to prevent overheating
- 2 way zipper allows for easy diaper changes at night
- Seamless interior provides more comfort for baby
- Designed by a Certified Infant Care Specialist & Nursing team
- Can be used in strollers and swings
- Eases the transition from womb to world
- Easy cleaning/care: machine washable and dryable
Swaddling has been proven to promote safer, longer and better sleep. Our Woombie provides a womb-like movement experience that doesn’t restrict babies entirely, but keeps them feeling safe and secure. This helps babies establish healthy sleep patterns.
We like to think of Woombie as swaddling the way nature intended and the Woombie PLUS is another effective tool for parents. Apparently, so do the Mom’s Choice Awards, who have given the Woombie PLUS their 2015 award.
Mom’s Choice Awards “evaluates products and services created for children and families. The program is globally recognized for establishing the benchmark of excellence in family-friendly media, products and services.” Check them out!
Written by Karen Barski, BSN, RN, Mother of five, Certified Infant Care Specialist & Instructor, & Inventor of the Woombie Baby Swaddle
Karen has been an RN for 18 years, and has worked in many different nursing roles. As a Certified Infant Care Specialist, Karen counsels thousands of families yearly on a multitude of issues relating to pregnancy and infancy. Also, as a mother of five, she has invaluable experience and tips to share.
Since 2007, Karen’s company, KB Designs, has invented a line of signature baby swaddle products that have helped parents easily transition their new babies from womb to home. There are multiple designs and sizes so that babies can enjoy the comfort and security of the Woombie up until the time they begin to roll.
Each product has been created and designed by Karen because of a need she identified in her life with her five children. With convenience, safety, and fashion in mind, KB Designs has helped over a half million babies and counting!
For more information, visit www.woombie.com.
Interested in writing a guest blog for Woombie? Send your topic idea to email@example.com.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Woombie makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, current-ness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.